Tuesday 8 September 2009

Muscles ”Muscles”

Muscles

Muscles
( LP Big Bear Records, 1976 )
Catalog # BBR 1001


Tracklisting:
A1 People (3:40)
A2 Music Is Our Message (4:25)
A3 Love Is All I’ve Got (3:45)
A4 Muscle Hustle (3:16)
A5 I’m Gonna Synthesise You (5:04)
B1 Love Fire (5:18)
B2 No Smoke Without Fire (4:58)
B3 Jungle Strut (4:32)
B4 Love Is You (5:24)

Personnel & Credits:
Arranged By [String And Horn Arrangements] – Bill Connor
Composed By, Lead Vocals, Clavinet, Piano, Synthesizer [Fender Phodes, Moog Synthesizer, Arp String Synthesizer], Percussion – Geoff Brown
Engineer – Barry Hammond , John Burns
Lead Vocals, Bass [Fender Bass, Mutron Bass], Percussion – Richard Ford
Producer – Jim Simpson
Vocals, Drums, Percussion – Steve James
Vocals, Guitar, Percussion – Stuart Scott

Comment (by Wallofsound):
Well this is certainly a blast from the past for me. This is a UK funk and soul band who at this time were based in Birmingham in the English West Midlands. I saw them quite a few times around the time of the release of this record. You’ve made my wife very happy because she’s asked me to digitise this record many times and it’s down the bottom of a very tall pile. Jim Simpson, who produced this, is still active in the Birmingham music industry, but I’ve no idea what happened to the band the members themselves.
Thanks for the memories, guys.

More info here.

By Pier

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Password:

myfavvouritesound.blogspot

melkasoul said...

thank you for this lp and much else your blog is really great
is that you can accept my invitation to your blog sorry for my English

NOTE: Pictures copyright held by photographers. If you are the photographer of any picture and would like it removed please email us.

''Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentis.''


©® 2006-2016 My Favourite Sound© 1.0 (CC Licensed 3.0)